CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How small is YOUR world?


Well, my world just got a whole lot smaller over the last few days....pleasantly smaller, I might add.


I was on facebook with a friend from second grade in Idaho, Colleen Higley. She was updating me on her family and then told me about her brother. It turns out that her brother married one of my best friends from PA when I lived there when I was 14. WOW!!!! It was so incredibly cool. Colleen had just mentioned Cara's name, so I just asked for the heck of it "Cara who?" She told me her last name was Hutchings... I died.... It was so very excited to finally have found a special friend that I've been looking for for a long time. Niether Colleen, nor I could believe it. Colleen called Cara and then called me so we talked for close to an hour on the phone. It was great to catch up and make contact again after so many years :) What are the odds of having a friend from Idaho meet a friend from Pennsylvania? WOW!!!!


Facebook is such a great thing.... I've found so many high school and middle school friends on there. I have loved finding friends from the past. I am still looking for some and pray that I will be blessed to find them as well. For now, I'm appreciating the blessing of having those friends brought back to me.


The Lord knew exactly what I needed to give me more strength to carry on. I am so very blessed to have so many wonderful friends, even though we can't get together as often as I would like. To know that I do have friends is comforting in itself.

1 comments:

Ang

I've had some similar experiences recently. I found two of my best friends from high school that I haven't seen or heard from in 14 years. One of them was my boyfriend when I was a senior, so it has been so fun to get to know him and his wife better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...