CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Most special Christmas memory



I know the title sounds a bit corny, but hey :) I wanted to share a Christmas memory from a very special Christmas past. Everytime I think of this certain special Christmas and the angels who helped to make it special...I start to cry....


A few years ago when we were in transition from New Plymouth to Hermiston, Tim was in Hermiston and I was in New Plymouth trying to sell the house. We had hoped to move together and not be apart, but Tim had the transfer before we sold the house :( Tim's transfer date was December 12th so there was no way that we could have Christmas with him.


I had dreaded Christmas that year and was not looking forward to the sadness that would come from being without my husband.


On Christmas eve, we had an angel drop something at our door. There, at the door, was a bucket FULL of Christmas cheer... We were SOOOOO excited... and yes I cried. Someone loved us so much that they wanted to share some cheer with us. In the bucket were some Christmas presents for each of us and some Christmas snacks.


I think about our present situation and remember the overwhelming feeling of love that came from that simple act that Christmas. I am encouraged by the generosity and love of that family and find strength in them.


There are many more Christmas memories, but this one particular memory is and always will be near and dear to my heart.


May we all find those Christmas memories and make many more. Merry Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

Kaylyn

Thank you for sharing that Gina. Sometimes we just dont realize how important the simple things are. For the family that did that for you, they probably thought it wasnt much. But for you, you thought it was everything! It makes me want to go out and do that for someone. I always think it has to be something grand. But maybe not. It just needs to be simple and from the heart.

Ang

Hee hee! I'm so glad that was special for you because that's what it was meant to be. We didn't have much to share, and the cheesy things in the bucket weren't much. If anyone else saw it they would probably think it was silly. We just wanted you to know someone loved you. We are so blessed to have friends like you. I wish we could be nearer so we could do something like that again - but maybe we could be a little sneakier!!!!

Gina Hallam

I love you Ang :) Aaron was watching me type this story up and he said that I needed to put (a) next to angel :) Too cute :) It was truly something very special and very heart felt. Hearts were in the right place and that's what was felt :) The true spirit of christmas :D

Linda Gibbs

I love this story!! I agree with Kaylun, and I am not at all surprised it was Ang! I have something special to share about Kaylyn sometime. Just waiting for the right moment. It was a YW lesson that has stuck with me for forever, and if I am ever in YW, I will share it with them. I love all my NP friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...