CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's 10 o'clock do you know where your suburban is?

I think the only thing humorous about this post would have to be the title of it. I know exaclty where my suburban is...... in the garage....where it's going to be for a while.

Our sweet little/big suburban has been throwing some fits about going places. We knew we were going to have to get it fixed and taken care of soon, but were hoping that it would hold on for us until we could get moved or get it fixed..... well, murphy's law has been in effect for who knows how many years...but....

We're expecting our tax return and were talking about what we were going to do and get some debt taken care of... here's the murphy's law part of it...

On sunday, we were all pilled in the suburban and ready to go to church. We got out of the driveway and were heading down the road when the suburban started losing power. It wouldn't go up the hill very fast at all. Smoke started coming out of the back end and it was just throwing a huge fit about getting up that morning. We continued on our way and decided that we needed to get the suburban home and pack into the car and get to church.

Aaron is a teacher and is in charge of setting up the sacrament, so we knew we needed to hurry. When we got the suburban home, smoke was coming out the front end as well and it was very hot. We left it and went on our way to church.

Now, we have one vehicle again, which wouldn't be so bad if we were all together in one place...so now I along with all the boys are hoofin it to school and wherever we need to go. It's forced exercise is how I'm choosing to look at it :) I just remember that when we moved up here, we had the same sort of issue with vehicles although it was Tim's car that was totalled and he had to have the suburban. Thank goodness for close friends and visiting teachers.... now, just to find some of those here would be good :) I'm not one to ask for help here...so that's one of my challenges and trials here... I know i must overcome.

A lighter post will be coming, when? sometime soon... must rest my body for another jaunt to the school in an hour.

3 comments:

Kaylyn

I hate murphys law! Why is it that cars seem to always break down right about the time we get our taxs back? Our van is in the shop right now to. I did the same thing. I sat down and figured out what we were going to do with our tax return and BAM the van breaks down! DUMB! But I guess we can look at it as a blessing. At least there is money to pay to get it fixed. There wouldn't be in 6 months. Might as well fix it now and pray that it will last another year. :)

Gina Hallam

I would be so happy if it were JUST our suburban that had issues... our washer has issues as well. I didn't want to blog about that one though, but you know how large families go through the washers...we're not easy on them for sure. So, we're looking at washers as well... but, yes, it is a blessing to have that money to pay for it :)

Ang

All I have to say is.........thank heavens for tax returns! Though I'd rather use it for something fun, we use it all up on crazy needs like that. Why does everything break at once?!!!! Good luck with all of that. We had a similar experience. I took a shower but put my pajamas and slippers back on to take my kids to school. They got there fine, but our suburban died at the bottom of our hill and I had my 2 little girls with no shoes on. Luckily our neighbor came by just then and brought us home. I was so embarrassed to be in my pj's and slippers though!!! Stupid suburban!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...