CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 16, 2012

My yoke is easy and my burden is LIGHT!



Last week, I had a wonderful opportunity to go to one of my upline in doTERRA for an energy session. Our bodies and spirits have energy. When we are experiencing different things in life, those energies change or show. This session was so very amazing! It was so nice to be able to experience such an incredible thing. I would love to learn more about energy.



I learned so much through this energy session. For years I have been sheltering my body in this mass, trying to find safety and comfort through food and self destruction. Those feelings of insecurity, lack of safety, lack of comfort have stemmed from so many life experiences that have caused so much harm to my body and spirit. I have been feeling guilty for things that have happened in the past and have been adding to it everytime more things would happen that were out of my control, but I wouldn't do something about it.

For me, I would turn to anything chocolate, or cookies. That one chocolate bar would only cover those feelings of guilt and fear with a sense of comfort and safety for a short time. When it would wear off (which was about the time it took to eat it) I would feel the need for more because I was still feeling those feelings. After time, one small bag of m&m's became a bigger bag, eventually those huge party size bags would become single serve bags. bleh!!!! Looking back now just makes me sick to realize the damage that I had been doing to this body that Heavenly Father has blessed me with.

Thankfully we have a Savior who asks us to give Him all of our burdens...ALL of them. Those self destructive burdens are ones that we seem to think we need to hold onto. Either that or we just don't realize that it's something we need to turn over to the Lord. We also can't take someone elses burden and make it ours...when we try to take someone elses burden, we only take a shadow of their burden, they still have their burden. When we do this, we add to our load already, which is totally un-neccessary. What a sweet special peace it is when we can really give all of our burdens to the Lord, even those shadows of others burdens.

Matthew 11:30 The Lord asks us to give him our burdens and take his yoke upon us because his "yoke is easy and his burden is light". Not just the weight kind of light, but light that chases away darkness. When we allow the Saviors light to radiate in us, we are filled and can share His light. When we are filled with His light, there is no room for darkness, or despair, or fear, or guilt, or hurt, or anger. The Saviors light shineth for all the world to see. I will no longer hide my light (the real me). I will allow Jesus Christ to take my burdens upon Him and let His light radiate in and through me. I am safe in my body now and I do not need this outer shell any longer. I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me and I will let His light shine in me.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...