CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!
Comment Graphics and Myspace Layouts at pYzam.com

The 4th of July brings back so many memories for me. I have moved all over the place when I was younger. It bothered me at the time, but I look back and realize how blessed I was to have so many opportunities to see and experience this great country in which we live.

When we were moving across the states from Idaho to Pennsylvania, we stopped at every state capital we could to take a picture in front of it. It was great to see so many state capitols.

We have also had so many chances to experience 4th of July fireworks in so many different places. When we lived in PA, we had the wonderful opportunity to go to Washington DC and see the fireworks on the nations capital steps. We sat right on the steps to the nations capital and ate m&m's and watched the fireworks. Those were the best I have ever seen. They set the fireworks to live music. Totally AMAZING!!!!!!!

More experiences in PA have given me a greater appreciation for our freedom. So many of our founding father's and ancestors have paid a high price for our freedom. Being so close to Philadelphia gave me greater opportunity to learn for myself about our freedoms and see so many great things... like the declaration of independance, liberty bell, independance hall where the declaration was signed. I remember one time, my mom let us skip school so that we could attend a parade in Philly for the celebration of the declaration of independance....many local schools marched in the parade :)

I am so grateful for our great country and the freedoms that we share. It is a free country, so let's keep it free. We have so much to be thankful for.

Have a very happy and safe 4th of July !!!!!!!



3 comments:

Linda Gibbs

Definitely one of my favorite holidays. Just something about going to the parade and having all those flags pass by. We are so luck and spoiled. Only spending 10 in China, gave me a whole new perspective on how blessed we are.

Joella Kingsbury

Happy 4th Gina!! It is really good to hear about your family after such a long time!!

Linda Gibbs

Hey! One of my really good friends just found out she's having a boy. She's due around Thanksgiving. They are going to name hime Kyler Jason. Cute, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...