CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

"A Lesson for today"


Okay, today is Sunday and I was reading the talk for my lesson next week. The talk that I'm giving a lesson on next week is Pres. Uchtdorf's talk "A Matter of a Few Degrees"

This was a talk from the priesthood session of conference.

Pres. Uchtdorf tells a story of a sightseeing plane bound for Antarctica. The pilots had no clue that the settings were off by 2 degrees. This altered their course and they were bound for an active volcano that rises about 12000 feet. By the time the pilots became aware of this problem, they were already doomed :( Pres. Uchtdorf likens this to our path and journey in life... when we falter ever so slightly.



In reading the talk this morning, my heart just ached. Things have been a struggle for us here lately. We've never struggled so much spiritually in our lives. I'm not sure what the Lord is trying to teach us, but it seems as though we're resisting the teaching. hmmm..... Some things we know NEED to be done and happen, but why we're still here waiting for the house to sell...we're not sure. There must be a purpose, but what that is, well, only the Lord knows. Thank goodness He knows.

No matter how much we struggle or ache, the Lord is right there beside us....feeling what we feel and routing for us. Back on track is the key...what are we doing or not doing in our lives to limit the Lord's blessings coming to us.

I guess this is what I've been struggling with. I want so badly to do something or be somewhere and it's just not happening yet. We were hoping to be moved before school started, but again, that's not the plan for us...so we're starting school here. Maybe the reason we're still here is for one of our boys and school....don't know.



I'm grateful that the Lord is in control and not me. I'm grateful that I can turn to my Father in Heaven and have peace in knowing that I'm loved and that He's watching over us. I'm grateful for each day that I have to cherrish my boys and their love. I'm grateful that the Lord has blessed me with the wisdom to know what is best for my boys and the ability to do it :) I love my boys.

My picture of the footprints in the sand is a very fitting picture that i'm so grateful that I did when we were on the coast :)

I do hope that everyone has a blessed sunday.

1 comments:

Ang

Very good post. My trials are different than yours, but it's interesting that they lead us to see the same things. The Lord just wants us to have faith in Him and trust in His plan for us. It's so hard! I have learned so much about the atonement and feel so much closer to my Savior because of my trials. Thanks for the reminder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...