CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11, 2008

More going COASTAL!!!!












Okay, I can't remember which pictures I put on our first slideshow, but that's okay to see them again.








We are still enjoying the feelings that we brought back from the coast. It is so exciting to think that we actually were able to stay on the ocean for so long :) It is one of our favorite places to be. I think I may have said before, but not one minute of that time was wasted. I enjoyed every wave that came in and every sound that I heard.





When I was younger, the drs. said that I would be blind by the time I was 8. I found this out by my mom telling me and then that dr. became my dr. when I was married and lived in Idaho. He saw me that first day after I had grown up and was amazed at how I still had my sight. So each day and each of Heavenly Father's wonders is a blessing to me and to all of us. I don't want to waste any of my time missing the opportunity to just take it all in. My favorite sites to see are the ocean and the stars. On our first night in the hotel, the sky was so clear. We could look out the window and see the waves on the water and the stars in the sky. It was so magical.







Okay, so more sites that we enjoyed....Brandon loves seaturtles and they had a statue of them at the aquarium. Brandon saw this statue first and went crazy "MOM!!! take a picture quick" We let Brandon be the tour guide that day since he had been there just a few months earlier with school.







At the aquarium, they have the "Creatures of the Deep" It's this building with tunnels that you can watch the sharks swim overhead...WAY COOL!!!!!! The music they had playing in the building was so fitting...no it wasn't JAWS!!! They do sleepovers with the sharks as well, in this room of to the side of the tunnels. It was so crowded in the aquarium but it was the time we got there too.


Before we made it to the aquarium, we had just finished seeing the Yaquina Bay lighthouse and found that we had locked the keys in the suburban. LOL silly us huh? Well, thankfully Kyler had rolled his window down just enough for Tim to be able to reach in and get a fishing pole. He played with it and rigged it to that the door was unlocked.whew!!!!! I'm so grateful that we didn't have to spend our trip money on getting the keys out of the car.







We really didn't do a lot of expensive things, we really just enjoyed the ocean and playing on it. We found these really cool kites and Bi-Mart in Lincoln city for under $5 !!!!!! They're normally more expensive than that so we got a few for the boys to enjoy. There were enough days that the wind was blowing for them to enjoy the kite flying and they didn't even have to run to get the kite up ":)









At the state park we stayed at "Devil's Lake" there was a little road to walk down to the docks and fish. We did that a few times. This one time, the road looked just like the road you see on the "Andy Griffith" show. Just look at the picture and think of the song...it's quite funny to think about it that way....I had Josh help me with the picture.






We did have a wonderful time at the coast and can't wait to go again. We've been scoping out places to stay and things to do. I hope that next year I can take one of the boys deep sea fishing with me. Tim decided that he can't do it anymore because he gets too sea sick :(










Anyway, here are some pictures.....enjoy, we sure did

2 comments:

Linda Gibbs

I LOVE, LOVE those pictures! I have similar ones, just different kids! Grace loves the Yaquina Light house. Of course, she rubs it in that Megan wasn't tall enough to climb. Glad you had fun!
YEAAAA Tim, for being so resourceful!!

Ang

Sounds like an amazing vacation. You got some great pictures - some very unique ones also! How fun!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...