CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Our weekend

The boys and I headed to Idaho for the weekend this past weekend :) We had a great time at the New Plymouth Elementary school carnival. It was so nice to see so many friends and family. Saturday, the boys hung out with Tim while I went to my scentsy training in Boise.


I had such an amazing time at the training. I was blessed to meet Orville and Heidi Thompson as well as Kara Egan (one of the "inventors" of scentsy). I also met Heidi's mom and dad as well as many other amazing people. It was so nice to get to know more scentsy people and share the joy of such an amazing SCENTsational product. Orville was sharing with us how fast scentsy has grown in the 5 years it's been around. Each year there is about 400% growth!!!! AMAZING!!!! I'm so grateful to be a part of such a wonderful and SCENTsational company.


I left the conference with more ambition and excitement to grow my business and do more parties and share scentsy with whomever I can :) I can't wait to share it with everyone!!!!


On our way home from Idaho yesterday, we had stopped at the rest area just outside of Baker. As we were entering the freeway, I had seen a truck pulling a trailer that was very close to other vehicles. This truck was driving all over the place and almost hit several cars. I was getting worried after several miles of this driver stirring up dirt and rocks on the side of the road and going off the road and then back on and into the next lane. I followed him a safe distance and called the police as I was worried that this person was falling asleep or tired.


The police had found the pick up that I had reported and I thought all was finished and done. This morning I got a phone call from the state police asking me for a report again of what I saw. They had arrested this man for a DUII. I don't know all the details but I was so grateful that I had called it in. I am also very grateful that no one was hurt from this experience or event yesterday. We were all very well protected and watched over, for which I am extremely grateful.
The picture isn't a picture of the pick up, it is one from the internet...this car was placed in front of a school to show kids what can happen when drinking and driving... duii's are not just from drinking, they are from drugs as well... driving under the influence of intoxicants...drugs can do the same as alchohol can when you get behind the wheel. This particular picture, the driver survived with brain damage and the passenger was killed.

2 comments:

Kaylyn

I saw Brandon at the carnival. So I knew you had made it. I am glad you had such a great weekend. I am hearing more and more about scentsy in this area. I see people driving around with logos on their windows. I also heard someone talking the other day about someone that is making candles for scentsy. They must do that in this area.
Driving can be a scary thing. You never know who is on the road next to you and what they have in their system. That is another reason why prayer is so vital. It is our only protection against this world.

Ang

Sorry it takes me so long to comment. I read right after you post, but I usually comment later. Scary! I'm glad you were protected. I'm glad they show things like that to kids because it scares them a little.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...