CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School dinner!!!!


Sunday night we had our back to school FHE!!!! A school lunch type dinner with trays and all... This is a tradition we've had for a few years now, the boys love it and we all look forward to it each year !!!!
This year, I made mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, green beans, applesauce, milk and a cookie for our school lunch. Tim and I serve it cafeteria style and put on our little act as cafeteria people. Memories from childhood are so fun!!!!
During our meal, we talk about goals and school rules. We also talk about the rewards for making and keeping our goals for good grades.
This year, I shared a quote from Pres. Eyring about seminary and keeping religious learning at the top. "...keep spiritual learning in its place, we will have to make some hard choices of how we use our time. But there should never be a conscious choice to let the spiritual become secendary. NEVER. That will lead to tragedy."
I am so grateful for my time in seminary and am so happy that the two older boys can take part in the release time program at the school. It does take dedication and sacrifice, but it is so very worth it in the end.
The boys start school on thursday and are so excited and anxious to get started again. We're all looking forward to getting back into the routine of school and studying....even me.

Things I'm grateful for:

A new school year and the opportunity to continue growth and learning

Sweet memories of my childhood and my school days

Seminary

Scriptures to study and learn from

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...