CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Girls night!!!!



I went out with some close friends from New Plymouth this past tuesday. These friends can be called family since we've been friends so long. It's so wonderful to have such long lasting friends and be able to do things with them. This month, for our girls night, we went to Starlight Mountain Theatre in Garden Valley and saw Scarlet Pimpernel.

Kim, Kaylena, Whitney and I went to dinner and then picked up one of Whitney's friends then headed up to Garden Valley for the play. We had such a wonderful time and laughed so much it felt like we were kids again.

During intermission the cast comes around selling popcorn, candy and drinks. They had a special twofer. Buy two kisses and get two licorice for free. They called it a "kissandwich". Kaylena and I paid for our licorice and gave Whitney the kissandwich. We laughed so hard my stomach was hurting. Kim also got Whitney's friend a kissandwich.

Just before the show started back up, one of the actors was on stage and they recognized birthdays, anniversaries and such. He went through the birthdays and anniversaries, then asked if there was anything else we're celebrating. This is about how the dialog sounded:

Persy: Is there anything else we're celebrating tonight?
Me: (laughing) GIRL....
Persy: Girl? hmmm... she's celebrating being a girl... and how long have you been a... GIRL?
Me: (laughing uncontrollably)
Persy: and nothing... okay we're now going to sing Happy Birtheversary...GIRL to all those celebrating birthdays anniversaries and (pointing to me)GIRL.

It is so good to have such wonderful friends and sisters :) I really needed this time out to rejuvinate myself and let lose. There are more pictures of our night on my Facebook page...I was tagged in some photos.
Things I'm grateful for:
Sweet special friends who are sisters to me
The ability to laugh and let lose
The feeling I get after I've had a good laugh
Talents and those who are willing to share them with all

1 comments:

Ang

Sounds sooooo fun! I'm totally jealous! Glad you had a great girl..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...