CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Give Thanks


There is still so much to be grateful for. I taught in RS sunday. The lesson was on Pres. Eyrings' talk "Our Hearts Knit Together". The lesson went very well and I had a lot of participation and help. It was also my visiting teacher's last sunday as she is moving to Boise.

I never thought in a million years that I would ever have such a kinship with someone here, but I did, in the last two months that we've been here. I found another angel among us. She was going through similar situations as I have been going through at the same time. Her husband was away during the week working and home on the weekends. I'm so grateful that their prayers were answered and that their family can be together in Idaho now and have some peace in their lives.

I have been so blessed in my life to have such wonderful, sweet, caring friends who are so true and sincere that my heart is overflowing with thanks and love for each of them. Friends make the journey sweeter.

I was also reading the next talk for December's lesson....another good one. The bishopric has done a wonderful job in selecting these talks for the lessons each month. This next one is Pres. Uchtdorf's talk... "Infinite Power of Hope" How perfect is that for this time of year and this season in the worlds history? A few thoughts on Hope...... It comes as a three part blessing... faith, hope and charity.... They all work together to bring us closer to our Lord and Savior. Without Christ and His infinite atonement, we would have no hope of being with God again. Christ's atonement encompasses so much more than just a forgiveness of sins; it brings us hope of eternal life. That hope stirs us into action and following Christ's example and being charitable. We are on the Lord's errand in helping our brothers and sisters in this life to grow closer to our Savior.

No matter what our challenges in life we are never alone. We must not give up hope, but must forge onward and upward in our quest.

I am also so very grateful for MUSIC!!! The music that touches my heart and soul... it hits the spot for sure so many times. The Lord knows our needs and I'm so grateful for that :)

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving. May your life be blessed with love and friends and all that is good.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...