CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The defenition of Perfection



I was reading this morning in my book... Finding The Angel Within by Pamela H. Hansen.... In my reading, I read about pride. Pride has two ends of it's spectrum... one, we all know is feeling and thinking that we're better than others. The other end of the spectrum that so many are guilty of including me is feeling and thinking that we could never measure up. Comparing ourselves to the latest fashion trend or the Jones's. Too many times, we belittle ourselves and put ourselves down because we don't think we're as pretty as the most popular girl in school.


In my reading, if anyone wants to go check it out... on page 101... I was reading about Satan's plan of Sameness and the Father's plan of Happiness. Satan uses a perfectly toned body as a tool to get us to think and try to be just like that person. Our Father in Heaven created each of us different. He didn't want us to be clones of each other having the same physical appearance as others....so why are we still doing it?


Why are we trying to fill Satan's deffenition of perfection instead of our Father in Heaven's deffenition.... afterall.... it is our Heavenly Father's defenition of perfection that will get us to our ultimate goal of PERFECTION!!!! So.... no more comparing ourselves to others, we are all unique beings created divinely different for a reason, celebrate our differences and embrace them

2 comments:

Amber

There is a really good talk by Pres. Benson. My sister in law told me about it years ago. I will post the link because I just can't say it better than a Prophet!http://lds.org/general-conference/1989/04/beware-of-pride?lang=eng

You my dear are the sweetest thing I know! You are so very loved and cared about! May you always remember just how loved and special you are!! Love ya!

Gina Hallam

That is a great talk Amber!!! Thank you so much for sharing it my friend :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...