CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Grammy!!!!


Happy Birthday Grammy!!! Grammy would have been 102 this year. I miss her so much. We had some wonderful visits and talks during her last years of life. I would come to Fruitland during the summer for a few weeks and stay with Grammy and just hang out with her :) I am so grateful for those opportunities to have been able to spend that time with just me and her.

Grammy passed away about 2 months after Aaron was born in 1994 after suffering a stroke. Her sweet concern for others has been a living legacy for me and the rest of our family.

A few funny things that would happen with Grammy... ones that we still remember to this day.... Whenver anyone would come to visit, as soon as we would come into the house, Grammy would be trying to figure out what to fix the crowd for dinner or lunch. Grammy was always worried about making sure everyone had some food to eat :)

Another funny thing about Grammy, that she did..... When Grammy would get any new towels or pillow cases, her comment would be.... "They're too pretty to use" Grammy had boxes full of brand new, never used dish towels that she was too afraid to use because they were too pretty to use. Her towels would be thread bare, but she would not pull out any of the pretty towels. LOL!!!!

I am so grateful for the chance to have been close to Grammy and be able to see her. I am grateful to my mom for making sure that we grew up most of our lives close to our grandparents. I have tried to do the same thing for our children. It is so important to be close to family, so that no precious memory time is lost.

I love you Grammy!!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...